I love the “get to know you” style of posts. Especially those that capture moments in time, the way this one does. So, in that spirit, here’s yet another one that follows up from The ABCs of Me type of post. Ivette at WAHM BAHM posted 48 Things You Never Knew About Me, today. And I thought I’d join in on the fun — so, here we go.
1. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE?
My middle name, Joy is my Mom’s Mom’s middle name. I’m not particularly fond of it, but don’t really hate it, either.
2. WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU CRIED?
As I wrote the blog post, I Used to Hate My Body — and the night before that in a conversation with Joanne on the same topic.
3. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING?
Yes, I do. But I hate my signature.
4. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCH MEAT?
Honey smoked turkey, or black forest ham.
5. DO YOU HAVE KIDS?
Zadey (7), Henry & Oliver (almost 5 months).
6. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON, WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU?
Would said other person have a personality similar to my current? ;) Yes, probably so.
7. DO YOU USE SARCASM A LOT?
It’s my second language.
8. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS?
9. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP?
Heck yes! Just not at the fair.
10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL?
I’m not at all a fan of cereal. But, when I’m in the mood I like Honey Nut Cheerios with sliced bananas.
11. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF?
Only my left one, otherwise it hurts my already badly injured ankle to get my shoe off.
12. DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG?
Very, very much so… emotionally. Physically? No.
13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM?
14. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE?
Eyes and smile.
15. RED OR PINK?
Red! My favorite color.
16. WHAT IS THE LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF?
My weight. It’s a work in progress.
17. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST?
An old elementary, jr. high, high school friend. We were best friends, until we turned 19. I can’t seem to find her now thought that may be for the best.
18. WHAT IS THE TECHNIQUE THAT YOU NEED TO WORK ON THE MOST?
Multi-tasking. I used to be good at it, then twins got thrown in the mix and now I have to shuffle all over again.
19. WHAT COLOR SHOES ARE YOU WEARING?
I’m not. I never wear shoes inside my house.
20. WHAT WAS THE LAST THING YOU ATE?
Apple muffin from Costco.
21. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW?
Oliver playfully screaming, and the dishwasher.
22. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE?
23. FAVORITE SMELLS?
24. HOW IMPORTANT ARE YOUR POLITICAL VIEWS TO YOU?
Very, very important.
25. MOUNTAIN HIDEAWAY OR BEACH HOUSE?
Beach house. The ocean calms me.
26. FAVORITE SPORTS TO WATCH?
27. HAIR COLOR?
My own; gray and all.
28. EYE COLOR?
29. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS?
No, but I’m often accused of wearing color contacts.
30. FAVORITE FOOD?
Pizza, creamy pasta, or cheeseburger.
31. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS?
Happy endings. Scary movies make me nervous.
32. LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED?
A documentary about Hurricane Katrina, last night. I can’t remember the name of it.
33. WHAT COLOR SHIRT ARE YOU WEARING?
34. SUMMER OR WINTER?
Winter. I hate the heat!
35. FAVORITE DESSERT?
36. STRENGTH TRAINING OR CARDIO?
Cardio, more fat burn.
37. COMPUTER OR TELEVISION?
Computer. I’m addicted.
38. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING NOW?
I just finished my book, not reading a new one yet.
39. WHAT IS ON YOUR MOUSE PAD?
I don’t use a mouse pad.
40. FAVORITE SOUND?
Laughter, from my kids and family.
41. FAVORITE GENRE OF MUSIC?
I love everything from R&B to Opra.
42. WHAT IS THE FARTHEST YOU HAVE BEEN FROM HOME?
43. DO YOU HAVE A SPECIAL TALENT?
I can touch my tongue to my nose; and roll my tongue in both directions. Now, be jealous.
44. WHERE WERE YOU BORN?
45. WHERE ARE YOU LIVING NOW?
46. WHAT COLOR IS YOUR HOUSE?
Very light tan.
47. WHAT COLOR IS YOUR CAR?
48. DO YOU LIKE ANSWERING 48 QUESTIONS?
Sure, why not?
Now check out Ivette’s 48 Things You Never Knew About Me post over at WAHM BAHM.