I recently received an email announcing new Werther’s Original Baking Caramels, and asking if I’d be interested in hosting a Mommy Party.
Initially I hesitated. We just moved to Indiana and I don’t have too many friends here. But, then I thought what a great way to get to know the parents of Zadey’s new friends. And, we invited them over to sample delicious treats made from Werther’s Original Baking Caramels, and get to know each other.
Not only was I able to whip up some very amazing caramel recipes for the upcoming holidays, but introduce our family to Zadey’s friends.
Here’s the fun sweet caramel treats we shared with our new friends.
Reese’s Caramel Cheesecake
Is there a better dessert combination than chocolate, peanut butter, and caramel? No, I didn’t think so either. With this recipe you can prepare easy individual cheesecakes for your family and friends.
You Will Need
1 Bag of Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups, unwrapped
2 Packages JELL-O Instant Cheesecake pudding
10 Werther’s Original Baking Caramels, unwrapped
- Line a muffin pan with muffin liners.
- Place one Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup in each muffin liner.
- Prepare the JELL-O Instant Cheesecake pudding according to package directions for a pie filling.
- Using a tablespoon, add JELL-O Instant Cheesecake to the top of the Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups.
- Place in fridge and allow to set, about 2 hours.
- Just before serving, add the 10 Werther’s Original Baking Caramels and 2 TBSP of milk in a microwave safe bowl place. Microwave on high for about 1 minute. Stop about half way to stir.
- Drizzle melted caramel on top of individual cheesecakes, after removing the muffin liner.
- Serve immediately.
Makes 12 servings.
Caramel Peanut Brittle
Peanut brittle is a holiday classic. My mom makes it for us every year at Christmas, and it’s a huge hit. But using Werther’s Baking Caramel and Werther’s Original Hard Candies, you can put a unique and tasty spin on this classic recipe.
1 Package (5.5 oz) Werther’s Original Hard Candies, unwrapped
5 Pieces Werther’s Original Baking Caramels, unwrapped
1 TBSP Butter
1 TBSP Water
1 Cup Dry Roasted Peanuts
½ TSP Baking Soda
½ TSP Vanilla Extract
- Spray cookie sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
- Melt Baking and Hard caramels with butter and water in a medium saucepan over low heat until smooth, stirring often.
- Add the peanuts and cook 2 minutes.
- Stir in the baking soda and vanilla.
- Immediately spread out thinly onto a cookie sheet to cool completely.
- Break into pieces to serve.
Caramel Hot Chocolate
Nothing warms the soul better than hot chocolate. Surprise your kids with a sweet treat on cold winter nights.
4 Cups Whole Milk
¼ Cup Sugar
6 oz. Chopped Bittersweet Chocolate, reserve 1 TBSP for garnish (optional)
10 Pieces (3 oz) Werther’s Original Baking Caramels, unwrapped
½ Cup Whipped Cream
- Heat milk and sugar in a saucepan over medium-high heat until boiling.
- Reduce heat to low and add caramels. Stir frequently until the caramels are melted.
- Pour into mugs or cups and top with whipped cream and chocolate.
Substitutions & Alterations
- We thought the original recipe was extra chocolaty, so we reduced the chocolate to 4 oz.
- Make this a mocha by adding 2 TSP of instant coffee.
- Instead of using bittersweet chocolate, pick up Vanilla Almond Bark and use it along with the coffee for a Caramel Vanilla Mocha.
Meet the New Werther’s Original Baking Caramels
Werther’s has launched the brand new Werther’s Original Caramel Shoppe website, and you’re invited to join. This fun destination is an awesome community for caramel lovers! In addition to mouthwatering caramel recipes, you’ll find special offers, baking tutorials, and even giveaways and sweepstakes!